Grand Ridge of Petoskey
No listings were found matching your search criteria.
- Country Club Road - Petoskey's area of finest neighborhoods
- Country Estate living only moments from town
- Panoramic Views - all Little Traverse Bay, Petoskey and Harbor Point
- Outstanding estate sites with rolling terrain and mature trees
- All sites excellent for walkout lower levels
- Limited opportunity for a select few - only 20 sites on 37 acres
- Reasonable assessments - Township residency with no sewer or water fees
- Private entry with lighted roadways
- 1 mile to grocery stores, restaurants, and community bike paths
- 3 miles to downtown Petoskey
- 2 miles to Petoskey State Park
- 2 miles to Petoskey Middle and High schools
- Private single-family estate size homesites
- Estate sized lots allow for guest homes and additional garages
- All underground utilities - electric, cable TV, internet, natural gas and phone
- Paved, privately maintained roadways, mowed roadsides
- Parks and established walking trails
A personal history by S.P. Engle
The Grand Ridge property has been in my family since 1882. My father was born and raised here and I am the third generation of my family to live here.
As a child we came every year to ski in the winter, and to boat and fish in the summer. I used to tell my father how much I wanted to live here. About 30 years ago, when I was living outside of D.C., he and I came for a visit. He helped me climb a pine tree so that I could get a picture of the lake, through the trees. That picture has stayed in my wallet all these years. My fondest dream was to build a beautiful house that overlooked Little Traverse Bay and Lake Michigan.
With Grand Ridge I have fulfilled that dream. My goal for this development was to create an environment that would enhance the natural beauty of this property. We have designed an environment consisting of only 20 lots on 45 acres. Each lot is an acre or more, giving a feeling of seclusion, while only 3 miles from the heart of Petoskey. We have included a pond with 9 acres of wooded walking trails.
I share this story because I am not your typical absentee developer. I live here in the home of my dreams. I hope that you will come and visit. Maybe you can visualize the home of your dreams with me in Grand Ridge and share the breathtaking panoramic views of Lake Michigan, and the million-dollar sunsets.